Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday, August 29th

Well, last night I headed to the game with Shaun, Lena, Njeven, Alyssa and Lorenzo. All the kids were very excited and so cute. After it rained pretty much all day, the weather broke and we actually got a really nice night for football! Despite the actual game...


IMG_1931.JPG

When I got home, pooch and I watched Obama's speech, the quite entertaining and action packed Double Elimination Night on Big Brother, then hit the hay! We were exhausted!

I set the alarm for 7am to get up and take Lucy out for a walk and when it went off, as much as I preferred to stay in bed, I got up and started to get ready to take her out when I looked outside and realized that it was actually pouring down rain! So, I decided against it. Lucy went in and out between the front and back doors until she was significantly soaked and then it was time for me to head out.

We were told that we could leave the office by 1pm today, and of course Dave told me that I could take off any time I wanted, which I thought was nice. I kept myself busy and didn't leave work until just about 1. I don't want to be "that person", ya know?

When I first got home I noticed that Lucy's cut was doing a lot worse. When she jumped up on the white comforter in the back room I could see spots of blood everywhere and decided that I had to either run to CVS to get supplies or do something here right away. Well, I tried my hand at being a pet EMT here and so far so good.

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

I decided to just bite the bullet and make her sit down for me to start the operation. I soaked a cotton ball in peroxide, got the neosporine, a cotton pad and the athletic/medical tape out. I made Lucy sit down. I let her sniff and lick the cotton ball, then I grabbed her paw and went to work. She put up a little bit of a fight but mama won!

She limped around looking for another DogCademy Award but I told her to give it up. And once she limped around for a while getting used to her wound dressing, she got over it and is now walking around just fine. She did try to bite it off a little bit for a while, even getting to some of the cotton but then I just wrapped more tape around it, so she was screwed! HA...I hope this does the trick because this thing need to heal! I can even see blood coming through the cotton pad so I know it need to be closed up for a little bit. I might still give Dr. K a call or make a drive by tomorrow to make sure I'm doing the right thing, but I'm pretty confident.


I had planned to take pooch out for a walk when I got home from work but it's about 5:30pm and it has just stopped pouring. Even pooch didn't want to go out in the rain for some time there. I have had the back door propped open since I got home and she got over it at some point and decided to just chance it and has been out exploring all afternoon. In and out, in and out.

I went out just a little while ago to take the trash out and pick the newest ripe tomatoes and noticed a little friend hanging out in the garden. Say hello to Froggy:

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

Let's just hope Lucy doesn't meet her or she may meet an untimely death, or at best, she may get a very large playmate that she doesn't want! I can see Lucy tossing her around the yard on her nose. Oh lordy!

Anyway, tonight we plan to just chill, watch tv and kind of enjoy the rainy night in. I am even planning to make Loco Moco for dinner! If I'm successful, I'll make it again for us when you come home.

That's all for now Daddy. We love you. MUWAAHH!

No comments: