Thursday, August 28, 2008

More of Thursday, August 28th...

So this morning the pooch and I got up and headed out for a rainy walk. She was SO all about the squirrels today. I let her get her chase on here and there, especially when one squirrel decided to run half way up a tree then poke it's head around and stare just to taunt her. I decided he needed a scare for messing with our pooch so I let her at em. Now, by the time she got to the tree he was probably 3 blocks away, but at least it made her feel a little better.

I noticed Lucy hasn't really been eating her food and I can't understand why. I've narrowed it down to about three reasons, A.) She ate too much while competing with Blue for food at my dad's, B.) She's sad and depressed because her daddy isn't home, or C.) It's the copious amounts of acorns she has been consuming, thereby confirming my suspicions that our pooch is indeed part squirrel as I've thought all along. Yes, the pooch has been eating acorns. If you recall, another certain black lab we had used to munch on the things too. I don't get the appeal. You know they can't taste good. But they must just be appealing dropping from the sky like that all over the place. Hey, they're plentiful in our back yard and if she wants to clean up a little, then by all means, go for it!

I don't know what her deal is, but I guess when she's hungry, she'll eat. The cut on her paw is also not healing. I think it's silly to go to the vet, knowing I can handle this, so, I'm going to try a new approach. When you look at the cut it doesn't look horrible. It's just raw from her constantly licking it. SO, I am going to go get some of that bandage tape that she can't chew off and when she's nice and sleepy next I will pounce!

Right before I was leaving for work Steve text messaged to say that he had just left the doc's and lost another 21lb's. Go Steve Go! So I told him to stop by to get some curry in a hurry, he he, and he did. Lucy was very excited to have a house guest, even for just a few minutes. He was talking about getting in touch with Pat and I told him that I wasn't sure the deal and that maybe you can put a bug in his ear for the week you're back. So annoying, but the nature of the beast I suppose.

Also, Steve bought the three of us tickets to see "Slightly Stoopid" at the 9:30 Club in October. They are kind of a mix between Sublime and 311 but more on the chill Sublime side. I think you'll dig them! I'm kind of excited.

Leah told me last night that one of their pooches has another tumor that has to be removed. This will be the 4th between both dogs. I hate to say this because I don't mean it in a bad way, but this is one reason that I really appreciate having a rescued mutt. Most full breed dogs are the one's that tend to have tons of medical problems. It's the mutts that hold up best medically. I guess we're just lucky.

So when it was time to leave the house, Steve and I were walking out at the same time and that ninny let our pooch get out. Well, first of all it decided it was going to POOR DOWN RAIN right as we walked out, typical. Then, the cutest and saddest thing ever...our pooch ran straight to my car and just sat by the door waiting to get in with me. I wanted to laugh and cry at that little bitch! So, I walked to the car, let her get in as I put my bags in the car then I went back into the house to get her leash so I could walk her back in. I wish I could let her sit in my car all day at work. I bet she'd love it but umm, I'd probably go to jail for pooch abuse :O( So, needless to say I was soaked and I look like a wet mop now. So fun!

I'm probably going home around 3:30/4pm today to get ready to go to the game. I'll call you later poopaliciouspoopiepants!

XO!

No comments: