Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday, August 31st

Well, the day started out pretty well. We actually slept in today. The pooch wasn't bugging me to get up early and we just stayed in bed until about 10:30 or so! It felt good. The weather was perfect outside. We went out back and I swept the deck for the 659th time, and within the hour it looked exactly the same. Woo hoo!

Then, and you know this story, on one of her jaunts in and out the back door, Lucy came back in and planted herself on your chair. She was laying with her head on the pillow and when I looked over at her it seemed like her face was squished against the pillow. But then she lifted her head and her face was still squished! I thought I was seeing things. Was our babies face really swollen? I went over to touch it and look at it and it made me a little nervous but I didn't think too, too much about it. Then I called the emergency hospital and they scared the bajeezus out of me. They told me to come in immediately, that this was an allergic reaction to something and could potentially spread to the rest of her face or head. I called you, I changed into some normal clothing, I got the pooch together and we took off. I was a little freaked out daddy!

I took a few pictures of our Lucy before we took off, here they are:

IMG_1985.JPG


IMG_1989.JPG


IMG_1990.JPG

The swelling thankfully went down a little by the time we got to the hospital but it was still there and they still wanted to check her out. 4 hours and $150 later we left. Lucy "may" have been stung by a bee or something. They gave her a shot of Benadryl and I went home with a steroid spray for her cut. I was exhausted, so sad I had to spend the whole day without her, and tired of sitting!

I got home around 5:15pm or so and Andrea's soccer game was scheduled for 6pm. There was no way I was going to be there early or on time for that matter. I chilled with pooch for a little bit then I sprayed her cut and covered her up with a sock wrapped with, of all things, duct tape! But it worked. I ended up getting to Andrea's game at about 6:15 or so. The majority of our family was there, which was nice, and about 3 minutes after I sat down, Andrea was warming up to go into the game! How awesome is that? Here are a couple of shots (she's # 12):

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

MD played really well, they were very aggressive. BUT Elon really held them defensively and luckily for them, scored the only goal beating Maryland 1 - 0. I was rooting for Andrea but I couldn't bring myself to root for Elon over MD. I'm a terp for life daddy, I can't be a traitor to my alma mater! After the game I headed home to hang with pooch for a little while. She was really messing with her sock so I decided she had to put the collar back on when I went out. Steve came over for a few then we headed to Bethesda to see Pineapple Express. It was pretty damn funny, but not over the top. The first half of the movie got lots of out loud laughs, but it was a damn long movie. It was 2 hours long! That's a lot of weed humor and unbelievable plot lines, but we got through it.

Anyway, afterward I was happy to just get home to pooch. I didn't even bother turning the tv on in the living room. I gave her a bone and a treat, then we came into the room. I am currently updating the blog on our bed and the pooch has finished her bone and is OUT! Snores and all...And now daddy, I will be hitting the hay.

Lucy and I are sad that you've had a shitty day but guess what? We love you and we're thinking of you and we're your biggest fans. You are our rock star and your strength inspires us every day. We can't do life without you and we need you to continue to be strong and keep showing what an asset you are to your office. Get it done daddy, keep your head up and then get your buns home to us! Before we all know it, you'll be home. We can't WAIT. Other than the L.P. party next Saturday, we have no plans and I intend to keep it that way. When you get home next weekend we're doing lots of poopie/pooch time. Just the three of us, 24/7 babe!

WE LOVE YOU! more tomorrow...

No comments: